The Morag Bellingham Appreciation Thread

Guest Natasha

Since no one has done it yet and we all seem to love her, I thought I'd start a thread to discuss Morag.

What are your earliest memories of her. Do you like her better back when she was nasty or present day? What's your fondest scene?

Mine is when Martha did her nudie run and streaks past her grandfather and aunt. Alf wasn't at all pleased while Morag bursts out laughing. It shows another side to her that should be repeated more often.

Discuss your thoughts.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morag rules. She is easily my favourite current cast member, and I've always loved her. My earliest memory is of her on the phone to the police when that young Danny fellow was giving her a hard time, shortly before he locked her in a cupboard. She was demanding an officer come at once and the operator made her spell out her name, which really set her off. :P I also remember way before that she was trying to con Andrew Foley's (remember him?) rich father out of some money so she could start a youth centre with her friend Nigel. Andrew made a big song and dance about it and I don't think it eventuated. Those were some great episodes...

Today, with her more selfless and humorous nature she is easily more likeable than she was back then, but she has always been a fantastic character and no matter what mood she's in I love her. I really hope she stays on for a lot longer (and I don't think Cornelia would mind, judging by her autobiography!), and is used in a lot more storylines. I think the best scene she's had since she's been back was at Leah's hens night, when the stripper arrived and Morag was adjusting her glasses so she could get a better look at him. :D

Anyone also remember that opening credit shot of her and Marilyn from 1989, where they were walking along in a park and Marilyn was desperately trying to explain something to her, and Morag just stopped and rolled her eyes. Classic Morag.

Today, with her more selfless and humorous nature she is easily more likeable than she was back then, but she has always been a fantastic character and no matter what mood she's in I love her. I really hope she stays on for a lot longer (and I don't think Cornelia would mind, judging by her autobiography!), and is used in a lot more storylines. I think the best scene she's had since she's been back was at Leah's hens night, when the stripper arrived and Morag was adjusting her glasses so she could get a better look at him. :D

Anyone also remember that opening credit shot of her and Marilyn from 1989, where they were walking along in a park and Marilyn was desperately trying to explain something to her, and Morag just stopped and rolled her eyes. Classic Morag.

I loved that bit about Morag perving at the stripper!

Hopefully we'll see more of Morag this week during Alf's trial. Is she representing her brother?

She may be a great character but not a very good lawyer. She's lost all the cases she's represented...Kane, Beth, the list goes on.

That's because the writers wrote it like that. :P Back in the old days she was the best lawyer and didn't lose any cases, as far as I can remember? And she only lost Beth's case because the judge was bribed, those mogrels!

And on that note, how could she really win Alf's case? Josh has stopped at nothing to get away with what he's doing, and how can Alf or Morag prove it? They've bribed one judge already; maybe Josh will bribe this one too! :blink:

She may be a great character but not a very good lawyer. She's lost all the cases she's represented...Kane, Beth, the list goes on.

That's because the writers wrote it like that. :P Back in the old days she was the best lawyer and didn't lose any cases, as far as I can remember? And she only lost Beth's case because the judge was bribed, those mogrels!

And on that note, how could she really win Alf's case? Josh has stopped at nothing to get away with what he's doing, and how can Alf or Morag prove it? They've bribed one judge already; maybe Josh will bribe this one too! :blink:

True...I take back what I said. Bloody Josh.

Archived