Lucas hate thread

Guest Mistified

I've been meaning to set this up for, oh like a year and a half or something! I have hated him since he first set foot in the bay, and the current Oz pace character assassination he is under going has made him even worse in my opinion.

How someone so wonderful as Jack :wub: could have a brother like him, I'll never know. Where did HotDad go so wrong?!

Rant away!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucas The Loser. Thank you for this Thread :D

I could rant for hours... but I wont. It would all come to the same Point: 'What an annoying little twerp!', which you have already put in the Sub Title.

I liked Lucas. When he first came to the bay. After about two or three months he just became a moody old git of a teen. I HATED Lucas/Matilda, it was really cringe-worthy!

And I just hate the way he's all moody lately, since teh Naomi stuff and Beth...

When Lucas first arrived he was highly bearable, as were the other two. But as soon as he started shouting/crying at Maddie in the hospital with all that' you're not nothing' crap, I realised

1) Just how fake Lucas is, a shy teen (as he was at the time) would not spout out that shakespeare garbage with such emotion.

2) How bad an actor Rhys wakefield is........

There have been loads of incidents since, especially the Lee/ teacher storyine.

Prepares for some slaughtering from Lucas/ Rhys fans..... :ph34r:

Lucas The Loser. Thank you for this Thread :D

I could rant for hours... but I wont. It would all come to the same Point: 'What an annoying little twerp!', which you have already put in the Sub Title.

I liked Lucas. When he first came to the bay. After about two or three months he just became a moody old git of a teen. I HATED Lucas/Matilda, it was really cringe-worthy!

And I just hate the way he's all moody lately, since teh Naomi stuff and Beth...

Is this Kat's defense walls shooting up now that she might be becoming a fan? :P I think it is... :unsure:

When Lucas first arrived he was highly bearable, as were the other two. But as soon as he started shouting/crying at Maddie in the hospital with all that' you're not nothing' crap, I realised

1) Just how fake Lucas is, a shy teen (as he was at the time) would not spout out that shakespeare garbage with such emotion.

2) How bad an actor Rhys wakefield is........

There have been loads of incidents since, especially the Lee/ teacher storyine.

Prepares for some slaughtering from Lucas/ Rhys fans..... :ph34r:

Not a slaughtering - I have no interest in depreciating your depreciation thread :P - but I just wanted to say that that scene was very powerful for me because I was feeling the same way that Mattie was at the time, and to hear that from anyone - even a TV character - was a huge boost for me at the time...

Aaaanyway, yes, Lucas is being a complete jerk at the moment, and tonight I realised why he's clashing so badly with Geoff. Geoff is what Lucas used to be: kind, caring, respectful, honest... and I'm starting to think that Lucas is reacting to all that in Geoff because he can't stand that he's lost it about himself. Or alternatively, he feels like a fool for ever having those idealistic values, now that he knows how the world really works (ie, people always lie to you, betray you, and leave you) so he therefore thinks that Geoff is an idiot and wants to tell him as much to remind himself not to think like that ever again... Pretty sad really. Especially now that Tony's given up on him and effectively replaced him with Geoff - the version of Lucas that Tony liked...

Yay an anti Lucas thread! I've never liked him, he's one big yawnfest. He's always been a little brat with superiority complex who has no purpose but to be someone's goody two shoes, holier than thou boyfriend (he's Scott Hunter gone blonde). When he's rebelling or moody he is such a nasty piece of work and deserves a good slap not constant understanding and space (Tony, show some discipline).

He should have stuck with Belle, at least then they aren't bringing down any decent characters to their level.

I'm all for depreciation, but comparing him to Scott is a step too far.

I don't think that Lucas would have reacted nearly as badly that first time if Tony hadn't gone on a powertrip and forced him to stay with Mattie and Beth when all he wanted to do was live next door in his own house with his own brother. It wasn't an unreasonable request, but Tony overreacted and made a big deal out of it. For Lucas, who had been raised to believe that his father was a reasonable person who cared about his feelings, it would have been a huge shock to suddenly come second best to the Hunters, and be expected to happily go along with whatever they, and subsequently Tony, wanted.

Archived