Will and Dani appreciation thread

Guest Danifan

I wanted to start an appreciation thread for the couple that got me completely hooked on Home and Away. Although i'd watched it for years and had a couple of favourite couples before them, the on screen chemistry between Zac Drayson and Tammin Sursok was just brilliant and i totally believed these two could have easily been a really couple.

I've never enjoyed a soap couple so much. They seemed genuinely in love and they came to a very tragic ending (one of the best scenes H&A have ever done IMO).

I know everyone loves Will/Gypsy :rolleyes: (personally i can't stand them together) but to me the only classic couple were Will and Dani (or Dilli as i like to think of them). I just love every thing about them!. :wub::wub::wub:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not familiar with them as a couple as they were on during my break from the show. Dani is one of my least favourite characters of all time though, (partly the reason I took that break), but I did like Will. I agree with you about him and Gypsy though - hated her too!

Yay! A Will and Dani thread! :D

I love these two together. Will was attracted to Dani's fiesty personality from the moment she arrived, and he eventually became her first love. Their onscreen chemistry was fantastic and I was overfilled with joy every time they made up. I sometimes wish only one episode was shown each day so I can cherish them together. :wub: Dilli? I didn't think of that one, but I like it! :P

I sometimes wish only one episode was shown each day so I can cherish them together. :wub:

Me too sometimes as two episodes seems to be making their relationship go to quick. But on the other hand when they are in both episodes it's double the cuteness. :wub:

While i had favourite relationships before Dilli (the more i use it the more i love it!) like Shane and Angel and Jesse and Selina (both of which i still adore don't get me wrong), these two just took over. These episodes with them in were my golden era and nothing can ruin my enjoyment of them. :wub:

I think the Danni/Will relationship was one I really liked. Will had this way of bringing Danni down when she started to act like a real princess and be so self centred. He did it in such a way that she became a likable character. Once he went to be with Gypsy Danni for me went downhill. It actually was a very consistently written characterisation. Danni self centredness took over her character until she basically left the Bay because of it.

I don't know where Dani got her 'selfish' reputation from. So she didn't want her sister to marry the man who raped her (who in their right mind would?) and so she wanted a career more than she wanted Scott, Kirsty was the selfish one in that family. She was no more selfish than all the other characters in the show, she was high maitenance yes but she seemed to get labelled straight away and was unable to shake it despite her heart of gold.

Anyway back to Dilli. I love how fiesty and Fiery Dani was when she was with him. They were serious and fun and more than a match for each other. Towards the end of her time on the show, although she was still a strong character, they turned her into a bit of a victim who Scott walked all over until she finally had enough and left him. Will was the only guy Dani really suited well IMO. Josh was second best in my mind (until he had a personality transplant) and Scott was just never good enough for her. The only other person i'd have liked to have seen her with would have been Stafford, he looked like he could handle a little fire cracker like Dani.

Plus Will and Dani are the only couple i'd ever think of writing a fan fic about (i'm not a great writer soo i must really love them to have bothered)

http://backtothebay.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19217

Yes, I agree Dani's reputation for being self-centred is a bit exaggerated. She was very caring and considerate of others. I always thought she was a character that you had to see from her point of view to understand. While I liked Dani and Josh together, Dani and Will were a great match and after watching them again, I feel they were very under-rated.

Watching the rape storyline again just enforces how great the show was back then. I couldn't wait to see what happened next with Will and Dani.

I always felt cheated after building up their relationship for over a year, having them fall in love and get through her being raped by Kane, that the writers basically decided it was all a waste of time because Will's just going to get back with Gypsy anyway.

I don't really love them as a couple.

Scandalous!!!!!!! :blink:

My Will and Dani thread seems to have become a very negative thread about Dani, leave the lovely one alone. :lol:

The next few FiveLife episodes are just going to be unmissable as not only do we get to see Dilli's love get stronger as Will supports her, but the dreaded 'G' doesn't feature prominantly in their problems. Every cloud...

Archived