The Belle and Roman appreciation thread

Guest Perry

Since watching the Season Finale I've been obsessed with seeing these two as a couple. I know it seems a bit odd but I never really like Drew and I do like Belle and think that this would be a brilliant new Super Couple. Anyone agree with me? :unsure:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, I think they had a little exchange in the finale before Roman left the Diner and Dom arrived, and it was quite cute. It was like they knew each other for a longer time than just a few days. I absolutely can't stand Drew and hate him and Belle together, so I would welcome Roman and Belle as a couple especially as Belle will probably be getting more mature storylines now she has finished high school. I'd much rather Roman and Belle than Roman and Mattie which has been rumoured, or even worse Roman and Martha(shudder). Roman could be with so many of the women in the Bay, Leah, Rachel, even Irene, but I reckon Belle would be a good match for him. Sadly I don't think she'll ever really be with Dom, but I can always dream.

• 3 weeks later...

^ Thats what makes it perfect that Belle and Roman are the unusual couple yet they had a cute scene together prooving that they can have many cute scenes together.

What makes Aden and Geoff a good couple is that many fans (including me) are crying out for an unusual couple... Aden and Geoff work well together- the actors that play them get along so well together that there is a chemistry there... Lincoln and Todd actually live together for God sakes. The audience sees that chemistry- they want the relationship to work so they want it to happen. I want it to happen. The gay audience wants a gay couple or character they can relate to yet the PTB continue to ignore them. Even Coral Drouyn a former script producer said Home and Away will benefit with a gay character. Well what's stopping them? Belle and Roman is just a step up from that. That unusual couples do work antd the audience wants them to see it happen. In American soap As The World Turns there is a gay couple that is so popular many fans continue to tune into it. America even had a poll the question was "Will you like to see Noah and Luke be more intimate with each other?" I think the results were 97 % yes - 3% no. I'll correct myself if I'm wrong.

I wouldn't mind Belle and Roman AS LONG AS it's not a "forbidden romance." I'm sick to death of that, and they're not going to get much more forbidden than Cassie/Henk, so why even go there? What would be nice is for people to say "Gee, there's a bit of an age gap isn't there?" and for Belle and Roman to say, "Yeah, so? What's your point?" and actually mean it... Not be secretly thinking that they're being little rebels because of it and they're so cool. It'd be good to have a couple fall for each other because their personalities click, and they genuinely don't care what other people think about that. Belle and Roman are two such carefree characters (if you take Drew and Dom out of the picture), who I'd believe as not having secret psychological agendas in an unconventional relationship.

Archived