Ailsa Stewart/Judy Nunn

Guest jodieuk

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum but I just wanted to make my contribution to the Character/Actor Appreciation section. My favourite character is Ailsa. I watched H & A from when it first started til approx 1998 and so my memories of it centre around characters like Pippa, Tom, Michael, Alf, Ailsa, Morag, Fisher, Celia, Adam, Sally, Carly, Steven, Bobby, Sophie, Finn, Irene etc... and my favourite character was always Ailsa. I liked the fact that her and Alf were such a great double act and that there scenes together could be humerous and fun but also serious and that they had there fair share of tough storylines to work through. Ray and Judy are both fantastic actors. I also thought it was great that Ailsa, who appeared to be a very unassuming person, kind and caring but no a pushover, who turned out to be someone with quite a past. I think middle aged women in soaps, movies or whatever it is, usually get a raw deal and they are often just minor characters but Ailsa was a big part of H & A in it's first few years and had just has many interesting storylines as the younger members of the cast. I wasn't actually still watching H & A when Ailsa died but I have watched the clips on websites and agree with so many others that her death was handled very badly. Someone who was such an integral part of H & A, not necessarily by the end of her time in Summer Bay but for the most part, deserved to leave the show in a better way than that! I think the writers were very callous and disrespectful with regards to Judy Nunn's exit after her years of great work.

I hope you have found my input interesting. Thank you.

Jodie

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum but I just wanted to make my contribution to the Character/Actor Appreciation section. My favourite character is Ailsa. I watched H & A from when it first started til approx 1998 and so my memories of it centre around characters like Pippa, Tom, Michael, Alf, Ailsa, Morag, Fisher, Celia, Adam, Sally, Carly, Steven, Bobby, Sophie, Finn, Irene etc... and my favourite character was always Ailsa. I liked the fact that her and Alf were such a great double act and that there scenes together could be humerous and fun but also serious and that they had there fair share of tough storylines to work through. Ray and Judy are both fantastic actors. I also thought it was great that Ailsa, who appeared to be a very unassuming person, kind and caring but no a pushover, who turned out to be someone with quite a past. I think middle aged women in soaps, movies or whatever it is, usually get a raw deal and they are often just minor characters but Ailsa was a big part of H & A in it's first few years and had just has many interesting storylines as the younger members of the cast. I wasn't actually still watching H & A when Ailsa died but I have watched the clips on websites and agree with so many others that her death was handled very badly. Someone who was such an integral part of H & A, not necessarily by the end of her time in Summer Bay but for the most part, deserved to leave the show in a better way than that! I think the writers were very callous and disrespectful with regards to Judy Nunn's exit after her years of great work.

I hope you have found my input interesting. Thank you.

Jodie

Archived