Anti-Rachel Thread

Guest emmasi

I couldn't find a thread for this, and I can't believe that. How has it taken me or anyone else so long to recognise the need for an appropriate place to vent frustrations against Dr Rachel Armstrong (who holds that title rather gingerly)?

She's gotta be my most hated character these days, and probably has been since - you guessed it - the spectacular breakdown of her marriage to Kim. It's a bit early in the morning to be picking at old wounds, but I do hate her. I really do. And there's no way of sugarcoating it, because it's pure, nasty, all-consuming hatred. Now, at this point I'd like to stress that I have NOTHING against Amy Matthews as an actress - I think she's gorgeous and tremendously talented - but it's such a shame that such beauty and talent is being squandered in the soulless shell of a harpy that delights in nothing more than praying on men (preferably psychologically destroyed teenagers - watch out Aden!!), screwing with their heads even more (she's a professional after all), and then dumping them when - surprise surprise - they turn out to be as emotionally inept as she has allowed or conditioned them to become. Making sure to take no responsibility for her own actions of course.

So why tonight? What has she done lately that's really got up my goat? Well, just the *thought* of her weaseling her greasy way into Aden's psyche - even if nothing's happened yet, or ever will happen... the *thought* turns my stomach, just knowing that she has anything to do with him. After what she did to Kim, I don't think it's even ethical that she be left alone with a teenage boy! Let alone involving herself in his personal, private business. She's a doctor - she gets to treat his medical symptoms and nothing else. She gave up her right to psycho-analyze him when she neglected Kim and abused his blind faith in her (because that's what it was, blind faith. She saved his life, of course he's going to fall in love with her!!!) by not only engaging in a relationship, but being so completely disrespectful of his feelings towards having kids - those wounded feelings that she herself was supposed PROFESSIONALLY help him work through... that she actually pressured him to have a child with her, even though he wasn't ready, even though it hurt him to think about it, even though he physically COULDN'T do it! She still wanted wanted wanted... Because it's always been about her.

Hugh and Lewis - no different. Hugh confesses his undying love to her, his best friend, and instead of saying to him "I'm married. We can't do this. I don't want you to get hurt." she says "Well Kim cheated on me in a life or death situation, and I'm really drunk right now so I could *technically* die of alcohol poisoning, so that totally counts, anyway can I get someone to sleep with over here? What? 'Hugh' was it? That's a funny name. It rhymes with 'do' hahaha! DO me HUGH!! Hahaha! Oh Kimmie's going to be sooo jealous! Oh wait, Hugh, you said you really loved me didn't you? And we have been friends for years? Hm... nope, I don't see using you as a pawn in my petty marital mind-games a problem! Climb aboard!"

And Lewis... wow, she just can't get enough of abusing that position of power can she? First a patient, then an intern... What's next? She joins the staff of Summer Bay High as the new "biology" teacher and has it off with a few students?

But again, for now, it is the patients that still concern me...

Run Aden! Don't walk! RUN AWAY from her NOW! Before she gets her damnable claws into you too!!

As for Tony... *shakes head.* That poor sucker's in too deep now. I tried to warn him, I tried, but he just wouldn't listen... If only he'd gone with Jazz... If only...

Alas poor Tony. We knew him well. :(

At least one good thing has come of this. At least Roman managed to escape her evil clutches... Now if he can just prize Aden out too, everything should be ooookay...

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you know when he was about to get out of bed in the last episode?

i think he'd just read that post and was about to make a run for it.

she was very insistent that he remained in his bed.....

Well yes. That is where she likes the emotionally/physically crippled teenagers to be. Served up between the sheets, pre-wrapped like a birthday gift.

Now for any of us, that would be fine and dandy - and Aden would totally need us to "comfort" him... but we're not "responsible" doctors now are we :rolleyes:?

:o Wow! Rachel isn't my favourite character these days either but I didn't realise people hated her that much.

I completely disagree with her trying to get into Aden's head like that. She has no right to do that. As much as I want Aden to remember what happened - soon, I don't really want Rachel to have anything to do with it.

Tony seems so much more "less-interesting" when he is around her. That man had the chance to be with the wonderful Jazz and he chose Rachel. :blink: What's worse is that Rachel actually believes that she is a better person than Jazz. Sure Jazz has made more than her fair share of mistakes and is far from perfect but Rachel isn't perfect either and it seems as though she forgets that from time to time.

Harpies: In earlier versions of Greek myth, Harpies were described as beautiful, winged maidens. Later they became winged monsters with the face of an ugly old woman and equipped with crooked, sharp talons. They were represented carrying off persons to the underworld and inflicting punishment or tormenting them. Those persons were never seen again.

Harpies.jpg

<_<

Harpies: In earlier versions of Greek myth, Harpies were described as beautiful, winged maidens. Later they became winged monsters with the face of an ugly old woman and equipped with crooked, sharp talons. They were represented carrying off persons to the underworld and inflicting punishment or tormenting them. Those persons were never seen again.

Harpies.jpg

<_<

God, you just described Rachel to a T! :lol: Seriously, I don't hate her, but I don't like her, so I think I belong in this thread. Rachel was a favourite, but shes gotten boring, and a little bitchy (especially around Jazz). Poor Tony, If only you followed the correct direction and head to jazz?

I'm not totally anti-Rachel, infact, she was one of my favourites in 06. During the whole Kit/Kim triangle and the fallout after that, I didn't begin to hate her, she just became slightly annoying. The way I see her now, she's just used for that notion when someone has been sent to hospital, she's there to bandage them up. She has no real purpose in the Bay, besides that. She's not as interesting as she once was. Pairing her up with Tony was a slightly dull idea. I like them as a couple, but they're both dull together. When she first hooked up with Roman, they were good scenes because Roman is an interesting character. Tony was brought into the show to partner up with Beth and Rachel was brought into the show to partner up with Kim. When two "matriarchs" left, the "patriarchs" in the story were left with nothing to do but to hook up with each other. I hope the relationship becomes interesting for both the characters purposes, and I hope to see Rachel rise up once again to a lovable character she once was. She's just interferring in other people's business these days, that's not what her character is about. They're ruining her IMO.

LMAO, I can so immagine Rachels face in that pic. I cant believe you finally started this thread :P I don't like Rachel that much. I dont like the way she counsels people and the saint act wears a little thin. Cant believe Tony picked her over my Jazzy :o

Archived