The Colleen Deprecation Thread

Guest MasterHolden

I'm not sure if this is in the forums or not, but if it is. then I apologize. To be honest, one of the reasons why I am not fond of Colleen Stewart is because she always opens her mouth at the wrong place at the wrong time. It just irritates me. As the subtitle says "not everybody likes her", me being one of them.

I think the main problem with Colleen's character is that the writers absolutely refuse to allow her develop as a character. Not matter how many times she lands herself in it, she never learns. She is an example of lazy writing. I don't absolutely dislike her but she is far from one of my favourite characters on the show..

How exactly is a character staying true to character lazy writing?! She is supposed to be stupid, hence not learning from mistakes. Plus she provides much needed comic releif, TBH I don't think the show would survive without her!

How exactly is a character staying true to character lazy writing?! She is supposed to be stupid, hence not learning from mistakes. Plus she provides much needed comic releif, TBH I don't think the show would survive without her!

I don't think that this is the thread for you :P

Oh, and it's not staying true to the character if it simply isn't feasible that a person would react like that. There would be some character development...nobody makes the same mistake time and time again without learning something.

And to say that the show wouldn't survive without her is piffle. If it can survive without Sally, it can survive without any of the current cast. Thats not saying I want anyone else to leave...I'm actually very happy with the cast at the moment. Just not the obvious....

I've always hated her - since the early days and since she came back in he last few years. She is an awful, awful character who adds nothing to the show. The comic relief thing doesn't cut it because that joke has been used far too many times and it just isn't funny anymore.

I think the show would survive just fine without her. I cannot stand that woman. She's so annoying and she think she has the right to butt into everyone's business. And no matter how many times she gets things wrong and causes trouble, she never learns. You would think that after all the mistakes she's made, she would have learnt a thing or two by now. I really wish someone would gag her or better, she lost her voice.

Archived