Something More

Guest tessalove

Story Title: Something More

Type of story: Short/Medium, 2 Parts

Main Characters: Aden, Nicole, Geoff, Many other regulars

BTTB rating: G

Genre: Love, Drama

Does story include spoilers: Yes, Just Belle dieing, But most people know that.

Any warnings: If there are, i will give them before the chapter

Summary: After Belle's death Aden found comfort in Nicole, Nic went along with it but she never loved Aden. She wants more, she wants to be happy. And really in love.

Part 1

Nicole returned home from a day in the Yabbee creek with Annie and Ruby, She found Aden in the kitchen. “Hey, What ya doing?” She said playfully

“Washing the dishes.”

“Are you sick?” she laughed

“No, Someone has to do them” He laughed “Did you have a good day?”

“Yeah, didn’t buy much, just a dress.” Nicole pulled the dress from the bag and showed her boyfriend.

Nicole put her arms around Aden and kissed him.

“What was that for?”

“I dunno, just felt like it.” She kissed him again, this time more passionately; Aden turned her around and directed her to the stairs, kissing her neck in the process.

Nicole really loved Aden, She lay thinking on the bed, Aden was asleep, but after sex Nicole couldn’t sleep, she always lay thinking, She never felt complete when she was with him, They just grew closer after Belle, Aden found comfort in Nicole and she just went along with, deep down she wanted more, But they had been dating for a year and a half now, It would be a waste if Nicole got up and left, And she would break Aden’s heart, well so she though. She closed her eyes and tried hard to sleep.

The next day she awoke, Aden had already left for work. She climbed out of bed and made her way down stairs.

She didn’t even bother to make breakfast, she just wanted to get away from everything, she went to the beach and sat down in the sand.

“Are you ok?” she heard a voice coming form behind her, she looked around and found Geoff staring down at her.

“Yeah I’m ok.” She sad glumly

He sat in the sand next to her. “Are you sure? You look a little down.”

Nicole felt tears form in her eyes, Geoff put his hand on her arm.

“I don’t want to talk here. Can we go somewhere else?

“My place is free if you like.” Nicole nodded and stood to her feet

They entered the house, Geoff pointed to a seat and signalled Nicole to sit on it, She did so, she sat down without a word.

“So did you want to talk or?” Geoff asked

Nicole didn’t say anything she just shrugged her shoulders, How could she tell someone she didn’t really love Aden. That would make it all real.

“Nicole, come on. What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, sorry I’ll be fine, I shouldn’t have bothered you.”

“You haven’t, Please tell me. I might be able to help.”

“You can’t” She said and ran out of the house. Geoff got up to follow her, he stopped and figured she might be better left alone for a while, she would tell him in her own time.

Nicole found herself once again on the beach sobbing, She felt bad that she just left Geoff like that, he was just concerned, he was being a good friend. She grabbed her phone from her pocket and sent a text message to Geoff

“Hey, are you still alone?

Sorry for running off, I need to talk.

Nic x”

She waited a few minutes before receiving one back.

“ Hey, sorry Annie’s at home,

But we can still talk. G x”

She placed her phone back into her pocket and headed for Geoff’s place, as she turned the corner towards the back door she saw Annie sat in the living room watching the TV. She got nervous, what if she was to tell Aden she was there, or that she was upset?

She knocked lightly on the door, Geoff appeared from Belles old room which was now his bedroom.

“Come on in” he said to her.

She walked slowly into the house and stood by the breakfast bar.

He moved his hand in a motion to signal for her to come into his room, she walked in cautiously and looked around, she had only ever been in his old bedroom, this one was a lot tidier and more spacious.

He closed the door behind her and started to talk.

“you don’t have to tell me anything, I just want to know if your Ok.”

“I, I suppose I am.”

“What do you mean suppose.”

“its hard. I’m I”

“Your not sick are you?” he asked anxiously

“No! I’m healthy! Its nothing like that.”

“What is it then? Is it Aden?”

“Sort of.”

“He’s not hurting you, is he?”

“No of course not!”

“Then what?”

“Im just confused.”

“About what?

“I don’t feel for Aden.” Tears streamed her face

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t love him, I want more. I want to love someone, not just be stuck in a relationship that was built on pity and grief.”

“Does he know?”

“No, I don’t have the heart to tell him.”

“You need to.”

“No! What if he goes off the rails, After Belle i don’t want anything bad to happen to him in his life!”

“So your just going to stay unhappy for the rest of your life?”

“No, I’ll live wit it. I do love him, just not like that. He’s like my brother. Although not when were you know.”

“Nic, I want you to be happy! Please just do what’s right!”

“I am, This is right.”

“Right for who? Your miserable”

“uhh! Why did we break up? None of this would have happened!”

“You never know what would have happened”

“yeah but i wouldn’t be with Aden in a relationship that will never go anywhere! I loved you!” she felt herself cringe, why did she have to say that?

“ I loved you too, I still do!” This was not the reaction Nicole was expecting. She was shocked, even more shocked when Geoff placed his hands either side of her face and drew his lips nearer to hers.

There lips touched, It felt so right, She felt she was right were she belonged.

The passion in the kiss grew until Nicole broke it off, “I can’t do this. Aden is at home, he loves me and i can’t do anything to hurt him” She said and walked out if the house.

On her way home all she could think of was Geoff, everything about him was perfect, why did she have to leave? She wanted him, she wanted him now.

She turned around and found herself walking back towards Irene’s place, On her way there she passed Annie. She gave her a weak smile and quickened her pace. As she reached the house her stomach churned, she felt sick.

She walked into the house and saw him sitting on the sofa, He looked towards he and stood up, She ran towards him and threw her arms around his neck, she began to kiss him until he stopped her.

“Nic? Is this what you want?”

“Yes!” she said and began to kiss him again. He lifted her and took her to his room, he locked to door and began to undress, she did likewise.

“God! Why am I so stupid?” She said tearfully

“Nic, I’m sorry, But you came here first”

“I know I did, But how can I do this to Aden?”

“Are you gonna tell him?”

“No! I’d rather let you live, Geoff what am I going to do, I’m so confused”

“Look Nic, I don’t know, all I know is that I love you, I always have, You mean so much to me, but you can’t be with me. And I’ll accept that, but you need too”

“I did accept it but then this happened and it makes me ant you even more, Geoff I love you, But we can’t be together sorry, I’m with Aden, I think we should stay away from each other for a bit. I’m sorry” she kissed his cheek before leaving.

Why did she just do that? She threw away love, Geoff is what she always wanted, and she could have it, she could be happy, have a good future, have love for once in her life, But her pity for Aden took over again. It ad been a year since Belle, But Nicole still couldn’t leave Aden, She thought it would crush him, losing two people he loved within a year.

She walked through her door and put on a brave face like she did everyday.

“Nic is that you?”

“Yep, I’m just going to get a shower, I’ll be down soon” she said as she ran up the stairs

She got into the shower and began to frantically wash herself, as if it would wash what she had just done away.

When she thought she was clean enough she walked back down the stairs.

“Hey” she said as she entered the kitchen “what ya doin?”

“Making the dinner, Is Pasta ok?”

“Yeah, It smells good” She smiled

The night was long, all Nicole could think about was Geoff, she didn’t want to, but she couldn’t stop it. She felt sick, she had cheated on Aden, and she loved him deep inside, but no tin the same way she loved Geoff. Geoff was perfect, he was gorgeous and kind, and he cared for her, He made her feel alive and special.

“Nic, are you ok?”

“What? Oh yeah Im fine” She said “Just a little tired, I think I’m going to get an early night, Goodnight” she kissed him

“Night, Love you” Those words stabbed her heart, she felt pain

“I love you too” tears formed in her eyes as she said those words.

^^ thanx guys!

Your comments mean alot to me :D

heres the last part, I hope you like it! :)

thanx for reading! :)

Part2

A few months had passed, Nicole had got herself back together, she didn’t really see Geoff anymore, which made things a lot easier, but she still wasn’t happy were she was, She had made a decision she was going to talk to Aden, and tell him. It would be hard, probably the most difficult thing she had ever had to do, but it needed to be done.

She woke up, Aden lying next to her, she looked at him tears in her eyes, today was the day, she would have to tell him. She couldn’t live like that anymore.

She got up and got dressed first, she went out for a run, She ran along the beach thoughts going through her mind, she couldn’t concentrate on one thing. As she was running, she bumped into someone who knocked her straight to the ground, Hoe she didn’t see a person in front of her she didn’t know, but it hurt.

“Sorry” he turned around, it was Geoff, of all people Geoff. “Oh Nic, re you ok?” he held out his hand. She ignored it and got to her feet.

“Yeah I’m fine, thanks”

“Are you sure, You seem upset”

“Geoff, I’m fine!” she yelled

“Ok” he said and walked away”

“Geoff” she called after him “Sorry, I am upset, I’m going to tell Aden, I can’t live like that anymore”

“I’m glad” he said

Glad? How could he be glad, “What? I’m about to end my relationship, and your glad”

“Well I’m not glad that your going to be unhappy, but I’m glad that your getting out, You’ll be happier than you have been this last year or so, You need to do this Nic”

“I know, but its hard.”

“I can come and support you if you want”

“Oh so what he’ll think I’m having an affair?”

“No, as a friend”

“No thanks, I need to do this alone, There is one thing though?”

“What? Anything”

“I’m going to need a place to stay”

“Oh, You can stay at my place, You can have my bed, and I’ll sleep on the sofa”

“No, I’ll take the sofa, Its just for a few days, until I get my self sorted”

“Then what are you going to do?”

“I don’t quite know yet, I can’t move back in with Miles, there’s no room with the baby now, Maybe I’ll just go back to the city with mum, I don’t know, right now I need to do this, I’ll come round to your place after. Bye” she said

“Bye, and good luck” He called as she walked down the beach.

“Aden?” She called as she entered the house, I’m in here.” As she made her way into the kitchen he was standing making breakfast, she burst into tears, she couldn’t control them anymore. He immediately ran towards her and put his arms around her.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” he asked soothingly

“Aden, I can’t do this anymore”

“Do what?”

“This, any of it. I can’t be with you.”

“Did I do something?”

“Aden I’m sorry, I don’t love you, Well I do, but not in boyfriend way, Your like my big brother, Well not really or that would be wrong on so many levels, But I need more”

“Nic, I’m sorry, I’ve seen this for months now, I wanted to say something, but that would only make it real, I’m so sorry” he said tears streaming his face

“You don’t have to be sorry, Its my fault! I want you to be happy Aden, but not with me, I need to be happy to”

“I know Princess, its ok, I’m ok. You don’t have to worry.”

“Aden thank you. I really do love you”

“I love you too “He said and hugged her

“I’m going to pack my things and go. I don’t want to make this harder”

“Where are you going to go?”

“I’m staying at Irene’s tonight, Aden I need to tell you something”

“Yeah?”

“Please don’t be mad” Tears covered her face, Aden looked at her, he was concerned

“Please Nic, what is it?”

“I slept with someone, A few months back.”

“OK”

“Aren’t you mad?”

“Nic I can’t be mad, You needed someone else, I understand”

“Aden, God I’m so sorry! You can be mad you know”

“I can’t be mad with you, Who was the other person? Is he from around here?”

“It was.... Geoff”

“Campbell?”

“Yes,” she said ashamed

“Do you love him?”

“I don’t know, Kind of.”

“You need to be with someone you love, and if that means being with bibleboy go for it! You deserve to be happy Nic”

“What about you?”

“I’ll find someone, with my good looks it won’t be hard” he laughed

Nicole giggled, Even in a time like this Aden could still joke, That’s why she loved him, just not enough to be with him for the rest of her life.

She called Geoff to help her with her stuff, he was round at the door within a couple of minutes.

“Hey, are you ok?” he asked

“Yeah, I’m fine”

“Did he take it ok?”

“I took it fine” Aden said as he walked down the stairs with the last of Nicole’s things

“Sorry mate I thought you were out”

“Geoff, I told Aden about what happened”

“Should I run?” he asked rather seriously

“No, I’m fine, I’m a little bummed, but she deserves to be happy, Mate just look after her. Promise?”

“Em yeah! I promise” he said as he took Nicole things to the car

“thank you” she said to Aden before she left, She gave him one last hug before walking towards the car.

She didn’t say anything on the way to Geoff’s

“That went well” Geoff said as he put Nicole’s stuff in his room

“yea, it did, I’m glad it did.”

“So what are you going to do?”

“I don’t I phoned mum, she said I could go to the city and stay with her”

“Don’t”

“What?”

“Stay here”

“Where? I have no where to go, No family, hardly any friends.”

“You have me” he kissed her passionately

Comments

Archived