Happy Ever After? (by -Tess-) - comments

Scotcaz22

Wow, Tele! I loved it!

That was written so beautifully, so amazingly well.

It was absolutely perfect.

Everyone's charcteristics were just spot on - Aden's, Geoff's, Nicole's & even Irene's.

It was incredible & you never fail to amaze me.

You always write beautifully.

Credit to you, Tele. Well done.

Love Carina xxx :wub:

If I was Nicole, I wouldn't cough! :wub:

LOL!

Aren't you supposed to be lurking somewhere?? :lol:

That was really nice.Loved the little glimpse of Nicole as a mum.I was worried how she'd react to Geoff and Aden and her initial response shocked me even though I understood it but I'm glad she came round and they can all be friends.

I thought about how I would react if two of my ex's were caught in that situation and it felt natural that Nicole would be appalled and angry. Then after she she gave it some thought she would see how natural it seemed that they were together.

The morning after :D. So exciting.

“You felt pretty good.” He told him.

Oh boys. I think I blushed too.

He tasted coffee at first and then he tasted Geoff. He inhaled his strong male scent and felt his nostrils flare as he sniffed the scent in deeper. It was as though he wanted the very molecules that made up the other man to be inside him, part of him.

Well, that is a wonderful image. I like how you captured that Aden is just as much into Geoff as Geoff is into Aden. Referring to them as men takes a bit of getting used to because I keep imagining them as teenagers, but I guess they’re all grown up now.

I’m glad you included Nicole in this story. It’s so interesting to see how you’ve described what her life has become. She’s a mother, that is her priority, and yet she still maybe harbors a bit of a need to be noticed. It’s interesting that Geoff is the one she assumes will notice her. I’m not sure if being a missionary means you have to be celibate, but I don’t think girls would exactly be on Geoff’s mind when he returns (all things happening with Aden aside).

It wasn’t that she didn’t want to comment it was more that if she did she’d make an idiot of herself and burst into tears. She pulled herself together and looked at the other woman with a frown on her face.

Interesting. Why does Nicole feel like she can’t say how she feels? Is this an indication that she isn’t happy with how her life turned out? Does she feel like all her friends have moved on to bigger and better things and she’s just ... stuck.

And she still has Aden’s number. Maybe there are some remnant feelings there too. It’s interesting that Irene also didn’t want to mention Aden in Nicole’s presence. You’d think two years would be enough to get over it.

Aden walked down the street feeling self conscious because he wasn’t holding hands with Geoff and that made him smile.

I’m not entirely sure what you mean here. I would have thought Aden would be self conscious if he was holding hands with Geoff in public. However it appears what you have written is Aden not holding Geoff’s hand and yet still being hyperaware of himself.

It’s interesting that Geoff is the one making all the first moves. Like saying “I love you” and holding hands. Aden is the one who seems to be holding on to the past (and onto Belle). Not that I necessarily blame him -- Belle and Aden were married after all. It’s just - It’s a bit bizarre reading future fics, and having to readjust your perception of characters. I always like future fics, to see what authors come up with for characters and where they end up, and this definitely works in that respect. It’s also a bit strange because I have so much of my own Geoff/Aden fic that I always tend to write them as Aden taking the lead, being reckless, giving into his desires first. Not the other way around like you appear to. I’m not saying that’s bad -- not at all. It’s just an interesting comparison.

Then you write that beautiful moment on the sidewalk, with the cars still moving past, and no one really batting and eyelid and Aden is just so caught up in Geoff that he sort of doesn’t care anymore. Initiating a kiss and it being very sweet and simply. I adore that.

Nicole abandoning everything to go looking for Aden is great and also kind of crazy. For some reason I like that. I have a bit of a thing for unresolved feelings and past couples coming back around and always ending up back together, so this plays right into my hand.

Woah. Okay. Nicole’s reaction. Jumping to conclusions and throwing around names and insults, that isn’t the Nicole I thought she was. I guess she’s probably hurt that Aden chose someone else -- and appears to have his life in much better shape that she does. I was certain she was going to run out and not turn back. But, no. She pushes her way in anyway.

No wonder you were so messed up back in the Bay. I thought it was something to do with me but it was because Geoff left.”

The number of times I’ve wanted to write a fic where Aden leaves the bay and goes in search of Geoff because Geoff never said goodbye. So many times.

Talk about emotional whiplash. You’ve gone from Nicole being completely angry and cry, to Aden basically saying he’s in love with Geoff, and then the mocking and joking and easy humour at the end. I guess in a one shot you don't really have time for a lot of time to pass and for Nicole to get used the idea. The ending was sweet, and I’m glad it ended on a positive note.

Overall I like the Aden/Geoff relationship interspliced with Nicole’s journey to finding Aden. Future-fics are always awesome because every author has a different idea about what happens. I have such a soft spot for Aden/Geoff meeting up in the future and having the ~courage~ to sort themselves out because they are no longer teenagers.

• QUIET ACHIEVER changed the title to Happy Ever After? (by -Tess-) - comments