Guest LauraPhilly!!

Story title: One Day

Type of story: One Shot

Main characters: Charlie, Brax and few others

BTTB rating: G/T

Genre: General

Does this story include spoilers: No

Any warning: None.

Summary: Charlie and Brax have gone public with their relationship, but the whole town and the River Boys have turned against them both. They decide to leave the Bay together, as they feel it is the only way for them to be together

One day, me and my adorable man will

Walk together, hand in hand, away from this place,

For the rest of our days.

Charlie smiled happily as she picked up her phone, and read the text that Brax sent her.

"I'll be finished in a few hours! Are you sure you want to do this?" it said.

Charlie smiled and texted back. "Positive!"

Having received the delivery report, Charlie went back in to the living room where she had her bags open, half packed on the table.

Looking around the room, she thought about what she was giving it.

She looked to the sofa where she remembered telling Ruby about how she was her real mother. She looked at the wall beside where a picture of her as Bianca's bridesmaid.

She looked to the mantelpiece where the last photograph of her father, with his daughter and grand-daughter took centre stage.

She shook at head, trying to remember why she was doing this. She knew why she was doing this. She didn't have any regrets.

But as Charlie continued packing her bag, she couldn't help remembering the reasons as to why they were leaving.

After all, they were almost being forced out…

Charlie smiled widely as she saw Brax walking towards her.

He smiled back at her too, and began running towards her. She laughed as he stopped abruptly in front of her, lifting her from her feet, hugging her tightly.

"Brax stop it!" she exclaimed, unable to hide her laughter.

He laughed with her, stood back from her a little, before talking her face in his hands and kissing her passionately.

She smiled as he kissed her, winding her arm around his neck, holding him to her tightly.

"What the…?"

Charlie and Brax jumped apart to see John Palmer watching them from where he stood, near the beach.

Charlie groaned and laid her head against Brax's head.

She attempted to look confident as John walked towards her, a less-than-impressed look on his face.

"Sergeant Buckton? What exactly is going on here?" he demanded.

"It's exactly as you see it Palmer," said Brax, taking Charlie's hand, walking up to him so their chests were almost touching.

John took a few steps back, looking uncomfortably at Brax. He quickly returned to glare at Charlie.

"What the hell are you thinking?" he said, staring at her incredulously. "This is hardly appropriate! He's a Braxton for God's sake!"

"What exactly are you implying there, mate?" asked Brax, threateningly.

"Brax, stop," said Charlie, pulling on his hand. "John, I don't need to explain myself to you."

"I think that as concerned citizen I have a right to know," he said. "The locals don't need to be worried about corrupt police officers."

"Corrupt? Look John, that's not what this is," insisted Charlie. "This is not going to affect my job in any way!"

"Well as President of the Surf Club, and a concerned citizen, I feel it is my duty to report this incident to the proper authorities. In this case, your boss."

"John, please don't," said Charlie, beseechingly, embarrassed that she had been brought down to this level of blackmail.

"Charlie if this thing," he said, looking nastily as Brax, who glared back at him, "is not going to affect your job, then you have nothing to worry about!"

Charlie groaned and buried her face in her hands as John walked away. Brax pulled Charlie in to a hug but continued to glare at John's back at he walked away.

"That was bang out of order! You were hardly committing a crime!"

"He has a point though," said Charlie, stepping back. "It's going to look like I've been corrupted."

"They must really not like me down there so," said Brax, shaking his head.

"Well, your family haven't exactly endeared yourselves to the police," said Charlie, laughing slightly.

Brax smiled back encouragingly and brought her into a hug.

"Are you sure that this is what you wanted? No more secrets?" he asked, uncertainly.

"I'm sure," said Charlie, breathing in Brax's scent, loving the feeling of his arms around her. "Anyway, it's not much of a secret anymore is it?"

Brax laughed, and hugged her tightly. Behind the humour though, Charlie seriously worried about the implications this could have on her career.

Was she really ready to risk it all?

Slamming the door of his jeep shut, Brax looked down to road to where he saw his former River Boy mates.

They look at him with angry eyes, disapproving eyes.

He had betrayed them.

Brax shook his head, and turned to walk away from them.

Walking in through the doors of the restaurant, he walked straight past Angelo, along with the rest of the town, refused to talk to him since his and Charlie's relationship became public.

The restaurant was busy but to Brax it may as well have been empty.

He couldn't wait to get out of the place, to go to Charlie's, to see her and hold her in his arms.

In the corner of his eye, he could see Angelo watching him from where he sat.

He shook his head as the memory of that day came back to him…

Brax walked in through the double doors that lead to the restaurant.

It was Monday afternoon so the place was quiet.

Angelo looked up from behind the desk as he saw Brax come in. He smiled lightly, attempting to be civil with his business partner.

"You took your time coming in," he said, looking back down at the receipts.

"Yeah I had a few things to sort out," said Brax, uncomfortably.

"Well I suppose better late than never. We've got a big 21st booked for tonight so if could start putting up the bunting that would be great."

Both men turned around at the sound of footsteps walking up the stairs.

Brax let out a awe struck sigh as he saw Charlie walking in, a tight skirt showing as her toned posterior and a pink string top.

She smiled at him discreetly and walked up to where he stood at the counter.

"Hello," she said, smiling as Angelo. "I'm looking to buy a bottle of wine?"

"Brax, can you serve Charlie please? I have to make a quick call."

Brax nodded and they both watched as Angelo disappeared down the stairs.

Brax quickly grabbed Charlie's hand and pulled her up against his chest.

"You've no idea how unbelievably hot you look," he said, grinning at her seductively.

"Behave," she said, scolding him lightly. "Angelo could be back any minute. And I don't want a repeat of this morning. The news is going to spread fast enough without another person catching us."

"Yeah, I guess, you're right," sighed Brax. "Why don't we just tell him? That way he'll hear it from us first rather than hear it from Palmer or someone else who he's told?

Charlie nodded. "Maybe we should just tell him…"

"Tell me what?" asked Angelo, appearing at the top of the stairs.

He immediately saw Charlie and Brax holding hands, and then the look of recognition dawned on his face.

Brax shook his head in disbelief as Charlie smiled beseechingly at Angelo.

But instead of looking at Charlie, Angelo was looking at Brax in disbelief. Brax sighed and remembered that day.

"There's not enough money in the world to stop me taking you on If you mess with Charlie! Got that?"

This is going to be fun, he thought.

Charlie jumped slightly as she heard a gentle knock on the backdoor.

Opening it, she smiled widely as she saw it was Brax.

She jumped into his arms exuberantly and hugged him tightly. He held her tightly in his arms, burying his face in her hair, and smelling her sweet shampoo.

Pulling away from the hug, he took her hands in his.

"I've missed you," he said, leaning in to kiss her. "I thought this afternoon would never end!"

"Yeah me neither," said Charlie, grinning at him widely. "But now you're here! That's all I wanted!"

He smiled and leaned in to kiss her passionately. After a few minutes, she pulled back and leaned her forehead against his, smiling happily.

"I don't care what anyone else says, I don't care that I lost my job, this is where I want to be; with you!"

He smiled and kissed her lightly.

"Are you sure you want to do this though?"

"What other choice do we have? How people feel now is hardly going to change, and I am not going to have them ruin the best thing that has happened to me in a long time!"

Brax smiled wryly.

"Really?"

"Yeah really," said Charlie, smiling at him happily.

He grinned widely, pecking her lips lightly.

"So, are you ready to go?" he asked.

Charlie picked up her bags, grinning at him. "Definately!"

Brax smiled happily, and took Charlie's hand.

"Let's go so!"

"You go ahead," said Charlie, looking back at Leah's kitchen. "I'll just be a few minutes!"

While Brax took her bags out to the car, Charlie walked around the house in which she had lived for years.

Walking over to the mantelpiece, she ran her fingers across the photo of herself with Ross and Ruby.

"Charlie, are you sure you're ready?" asked Brax, appearing at the backdoor.

Charlie nodded, taking one last glance over the house. She slipped her hand in to Brax's outstretched hand.

"Let's go."

Comments

Archived