Classic Episodes on 5★

Guest ter06

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this one on Digital Spy and went from going "Oh for goodness sake..." at the news that yes, we are going to be two months behind Australia, to going "Oh you lovely people" when I read what they'd be showing during the break.It's obviously not consecutive episodes but that's good, we get a good cross section of the show, everyone's happy and we get to freak out at Kate Ritchie growing from nine to twenty-nine in a couple of weeks.Channel 5 must have had to shell out for these(possibly they've only bought the rights to a selection of episodes)so good on them for listening to what the viewers want.

I can't wait to see what episodes get shown, obviously we know there will be the Pilot - but Shane & Angel's Wedding would be high on my list and episode 2000 - I think they said that Marilyn & Irene's arrivals (and returns?) will be on there, possibly Leah. Irene's dinner party is another classic.

In a way though I'm hoping the 2000 onwards stuff doesn't repeat what we've seen in previous years, as much as I love Sally & Kieran's Wedding etc...

Sally's departure would be high on my list too.

I wonder, Alexx, though if Five are buying the rights per episode so to speak, so have said to Seven we'd like to buy these 40 random episodes.

Will certainly be interesting to see what episodes they've chosen. I guess we'll all have our favourites, a few of course which we've seen, but at the same time, the episodes always seem better on a TV screen. If you were to choose 2 episodes from each year, what would they be?

1989 - 243: Bobby's Wedding; 275: Bobby's Paternity

1990 - 525-526: Tom's Death

1991 -

1992 - 975: Meg's Death; 1000 - Irene falls down the stairs

1993 - 1202: Angel's Arrival; 13??: Bobby's Funeral

1994 - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

1995 - 1661:Shane and Angel's Wedding; (I want to go with Bobby in the fridge here, but a random scene in an episode doesn't seem worthy)

1996 - 187?: Shane's Death; 2000: Angel Leaves

1997 -

1998 - 23??: Pippa Leaves

1999 - 2715: Marilyn Leaves

2000 - 2855: End of a Era 2920: Mudslide

Certain years seem to spring out with certain events or episodes, whilst others can be dramatic or good years, but actually think of an episode is harder. I felt like I could choose 10 episodes from 1996!

Great news! I'd like to see...

1990- Tom's death

1991- Steven's departure.

1992- Meg's death.

1993- Bobby's death (as in that actual episode that she dies, not the accident), It's probably too morbid to ask for Dale's death too?

1994- Shannon arrives.

1995- The Bushfire, Marilyn's return. Ailsa's hallucination.

1996- Shane dies, Michael drowns. The earthquake is quite a self- contained episode too, so would work in a showing like this.

1997- Stephanie dies.

I'm most looking forward to seeing what they offer in the mid- 90's more than anything else. I suppose any episode from that period is enjoyable, regardless of whether something is 'going on'.

Ryan I think the reason it is better on a TV is also because uploading to the internet causes lots of compression issues and the motion/frames per second of the videos are distorted/reduced - so you don't get that 'real life' feel, as it is broadcast.

Hmm I think going off popularity and most memorable they will choose (? = I'm not sure):

89: Maz Arrival, Morag Centric Episode, Bobby's Wedding

90: Tom's Death, DL First Episode (?), Blake and Sophie get together

91: David's Death, Pippa Michael get married, Stephen's departure (?)

92: Sophie gives birth, Irene's Arrival, Cliff-hanger/Sophie (?), Shane's Arrival (?)

93: Bobby's Accident, Bobby's Death, Dales Death (? would be good)

94: Shannon/Curtis Arrival, Angel's First Episode, Christmas 94/Pippa/Michael split

95: Shane and Angel's Wedding, Bushfire, Selina Bee Sting (?), Angel gets run over (?)

96: Shane's Death, Shane's Death aftermath, Flood/Michael Goes missing, Earthquake (?), Maz/Fisher wedding (?)

97: Steph Dies, Cyclone, Sally as a troubled teen (?)

98: Pippa's departure, Bec and Travis Wedding (?), Gypsy Kidnapped/Season finale?

99: Season return, Nash House Fire, Chloe's Departure (?)

00: Sally's Non-Wedding, Sutherland Arrive, Mud Slide, Leah Arrives (?)

I know a lot of these episodes have been or are available to watch but surely they will pick the most memorable/popular. Was Saul particularly popular/memorable in the UK? or Dodge?

Archived